YAZ Tablet can be taken with or without food, but take it at the same time to get the most benefit. It should be taken as your doctor’s advice. You should have to start taking the pill on the day one of your menstrual cycle and continue taking it for whole month and start with new pack once the pack get finished. If you experience vomiting with in 4 hours of dose intake, take another tablet. You body may take 7 days to get adjust with medicine, hence use condom during first week to avoid pregnancy. In case you missed your dose and you are late by 12 hours in taking the missed dose, in that case must use a condom while intercourse for a period of 2 days.
Nausea, headache, breast pain, and weight gain are some commonly seen side effects of this medicine. If these bother you, or appear serious, let your doctor know. There may be ways of reducing or preventing them. You might experience spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult with your doctor if this occurs frequently or persists longer. Inform your doctor if you notice swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain or changes in vision, as it may be a sign of blood clot.
Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you smoke and are over 35, or if you have ever had a heart attack or have cancer of uterus/cervix, or vagina. Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works. Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant already or breastfeeding. You might be asked for regular check-up of blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar level while on treatment.
BENEFITS OF YAZ TABLET
YAZ Tablet is a contraceptive medicine that stops you from getting pregnant in multiple ways. Firstly, it prevents an egg from being released from your ovaries. Secondly, it makes the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker, which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb. Additionally, it prevents thickening of the lining of your womb, thereby making it unfavourable for an egg to grow in it. YAZ Tablet is a reliable and safe method for contraception, if used correctly. It does not interrupt with sex and you can lead a normal routine life without any worries. Take it as directed by the doctor to get the most benefit.
SIDE EFFECTS OF YAZ TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of YAZ
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
- Irregular uterine bleeding
HOW TO USE YAZ TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. YAZ Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
HOW YAZ TABLET WORKS
YAZ Tablet is a combined oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to prevent its union with the egg. It also changes the lining of the womb and renders it unsuitable for pregnancy.
- Alcohol – Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with YAZ Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy – YAZ Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor’s advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful effects to the developing baby.
- Breastfeeding – YAZ Tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby. Nonhormonal and progestin-only contraceptives are preferred in breastfeeding women, especially during the first 4 weeks postpartum
- Driving – YAZ Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
- Kidney – YAZ Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
- Liver – YAZ Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.