From weight loss to healthy bones, benefits of having raw paneer for breakfast
What is paneer? Paneer is a rather popular cheese, formerly produced mainly in South Asia.
The word “paneer” itself is of Persian origin. It simply means any cheese, without reference to a particular variety. From Hindi, “Paneer” translates as “cottage cheese”. It is believed that it was in India that this word began to identify a particular kind of cheese. And as this cheese was quite popular in its homeland, it quickly spread across South Asia and then conquered the world.
Indeed, Paneer is now one of the most famous cheeses in the world.
Is paneer healthy
From weight loss to healthy bones, benefits of having raw paneer for breakfast.
Paneer is a fresh, slightly acidic hard cheese. For this kind of cheese, milk is heated and citric acid is added. Or vinegar. Cow’s milk is used for this cheese.
Paneer is great for people who do not like heavy food. It is so soft and light that it can be used for desserts, snacks and even main courses.
Cooking paneer at home.
To prepare the paneer for one person, you will need
- 1.5 – 2 litres fresh cow’s milk
- 60-80 ml. lemon juice
- salt (optional)
When all the ingredients are ready, proceed with the preparation.
- First, pour half of the hot water into a glass and mix the lemon juice into it. Do not touch it yet, it will be needed a little later.
- Put the milk on medium heat and add salt. A reminder, salt is optional. Watch the milk carefully, so it doesn’t run away. Otherwise it won’t catch up. And don’t forget to stir, so it doesn’t burn.
- Then, when the milk begins to boil, add the lemon juice, remembering to stir the whole thing. As soon as the curd separates from the whey, turn off the heat.
- The next step is to put the curd mass into gauze folded 2-4 times and get rid of excess water. Rinse the mass with clean water to remove the lemon flavour.
- Put the cheese under the pressure for 1-2 hours to firm it up. Knead the cheese well beforehand so that it does not become crumbly.
Paneer does not last long – only about three days in the fridge, and about a month in the freezer.
Now our cheese is ready. For grilling, it’s better to cut it into cubes. Bon appetit)
Where can I buy paneer cheese?
And for those who don’t like to cook, or just don’t want to, we’ll look at where you can buy Paneer.
Real Paneer is a regular cheese made from heated milk and any food acid. If, on the other hand, Paneer is spiced or with any ingredient added, then it is a type of cheese that is a distinctive feature of a certain nation. There are Indian, Adygean, Pakistani, Afghan Paneer. Everywhere paneer is prepared differently.
You can buy authentic Indian paneer on our website.
Paneer at low prices.
Prices range from 2 to 10 $ per 100 grams. It is possible to find more expensive ones. If you order, there’s also the delivery charge. The most expensive cheese is the one with other ingredients added. For example, “Matar Panir” – fried cheese with tomatoes and green peas. It’s expensive, but very tasty.