Oil for the treatment of skin diseases.
Manufacturing: Kottakkal Ayurveda, India
Net weight (net product): 200 ml
Gross weight (to calculate shipping): 300 g
Eladi Thailam is an Ayurvedic hair oil used for skin conditions. This oil is formulated based on the Kerala Ayurveda principles. This oil is prepared with sesame oil base. But some companies do manufacture this in coconut oil base. Called as Eladi Keratailam, Eladi keram or Eladi coconut oil.
Principle behind making herbal oils: in this herbal oil, the herbs are infused in the medium of sesame oil along with herb water decotion. Then the solid waste herb materials are filtered out. Thus, this oil contains oil soluble and water soluble phyto-active principles of medicinal herbs.
Instructions for use:
- It is only used for external application only It is not used for internal administration.
- For skin diseases, it is applied over the affected area and left as such for minimum half an hour, before it is washed of.
- For skin detox and to improve skin texture and complexion, it is used as a massage oil over face, and whole body.
- Contact to the eyes is generally avoided.
- Excellent for application on head in chronic catarrh.
- Tila taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum / coconut oil
- Ela – cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Sthoola Ela – Amomum subulatum
- Turushka – Hydnocarpus laurifolia
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Phalini – Callicarpa macrophylla
- Mamsi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Jaladhyamaka- Coleus zeylanicus
- Sprikka – Anisomeles malabarica
- Choraka – Angelica archagelica
- Chochapatra – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Tagara – Valeriana wallichii
- Sthauneya – Taxus baccata
- Jati- Myristica fragrans
- Rasa – Commiphora myrrha
- Shukti – Ostrea edulis
- Vyaghranakha – Capparis sepiaria
- Marahva – Cedrus deodara
- Aguru- Aquilaria agallocha
- Shrivasaka – Pinus longifolia
- Kumkuma – Saffron – Crocus sativus
- Chanda – Costus speciosus
- Guggulu – Commiphora mukul
- Devadhupa – Shorea robusta
- Khapura – Boswellia serrata
- Punnaga – Calophyllum inophyllum
- Nagahva – Mesua ferrea
- It is used in hair treatment for skin diseases like allergic dermatitis, ring worm infection, urticaria.
- It is useful in scabies, erysipelas and cattarh.
- It is also used to improve skin complexion and texture.
- It is used for external application for skin detox treatment.
- It is used in defective teeth, diseases of gums and mouth, ear ache and boils.
- Dry skin
- Eczema scars, Acne scars.